Average Temperatures during Winter (Jun, Jul and Aug) are:
- Day: 24ºC (75ºF)
- Night: 9ºC (48ºF)
Average Temperatures during Summer (Jan, Feb and Mar) are:
- Day: 25ºC (77ºF) – 32ºC (90ºF)
- Night: 13ºC (55ºF)
Suggested Clothing for San Pedro de Atacama
Travel light, but pack sturdy, wear outdoor trekking shoes, comfortable layered clothing such as fleeces, t-shirts, swimming gear, long pants and long-sleeved shirts. Include an outdoor warm top for cold nights and cold altitudes as well as a warm hat and gloves (especially if you go to the Geysers), Lip balm, sun-screen cream and sun glasses.
Clothing Check List
- A first layer of clothing: warm underwear, t-shirts or lightweight shirts ideally made from synthetic materials
- A second layer of clothing: trekking pants and a thin fleece
- A third layer of clothing: warm fleece or sweater
- A fourth layer of clothing: Windproof Jacket
- Comfortable trekking shoes
- Synthetic or Merino Wool socks
- UV filter sunglasses, ideally with a strap and side protection
- Hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Hat or headband to protect your ears from the wind and cold
- Sunscreen and lip protection.
- Swimsuit and flip flops to use at hot springs and lagoons
- Day Backpack